There’s no way like watching an exemplary classic movie in the best way it was intended to be seen – on the wide screen. These days, you can watch Casablanca on your laptops and mobiles, however before home video even became popular, you can only watch these works of art in the good old movie house. A number of the best movies ever released are coming back to theaters next year. All because of TCM & Fathom Events, classics like Casablanca, E.T, and numerous other great movies will come back to the big screen for next year’s release of the TCM Big Screen Classics series.
Fathom Events is producing a lot of silver screen’s most famous classic movies back to theaters in 2017 in the TCM Big Screen Classics series. Every movie will be shown twice & will be presented with reactions from TCM hosts Tiffany Vazquez & Ben Mankiewicz. The TCM Big Screen Classics series will produce at least one exemplary movie to theaters across the country every month starting in the first month next year, and every film will highlight professional analysis from TCM. Every film will be shown on select Wednesdays & Sundays at 2 o’clock in the afternoon and 7 o’clock in the evening. “These fourteen movie titles were shown more than 5 decades ago and consist of winners for Best Picture, impressive cinematography, multi awarded directors, powerful performing artists, and unforgettable soundtracks, that have caught the hearts of movie fans from around the world and characterized the magic of motion picture making,” stated Fathom’s VP of studio relations Tom Lucas in an announcement.
Tickets can be acquired for the screenings on Fathom’s official site. Look at the full rundown of titles, which additionally consist of North by Northwest and Singin’ in the Rain.
- Jan. 15 and 18 – Singin’ in the Rain (65th commemoration)
- Feb. 12 and 15 – An Affair to Remember (60th commemoration)
- March 5 and 8 – All About Eve
- April 2 and 5 – North by Northwest
- April 23 and 26 – The Graduate (50th commemoration)
- May 21 and 24 – Smokey & the Bandit (40th commemoration)
- June 4 and 7 – The Godfather
- June 11 and 14 – Some Like It Hot
- July 30 and Aug. 2 – Fast Times at Ridgemont High
- Aug. 13 and 16 – Bonnie and Clyde (50th commemoration)
- Sept. 17 and 20 – E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- Oct. 15 and 18 – The Princess Bride (30th commemoration)
- Nov. 12 and 15 – Casablanca (75th commemoration)
- Dec. 10 and 13 – Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner? (50th commemoration)
“The TCM Big Screen Classics series showcases a one of a kind opportunity for film enthusiasts to experience the absolute most adored classic works of art ever, on the movie screen together with a live group of audience, as they were initially meant to be shown,” stated Genevieve McGillicuddy, VP of partnerships and brand activation at Turner Classic Movies. Many film enthusiast like Moroccan Mohamed Dekkak are now anticipating this huge movie event.